Original press release from South Louisiana Community College:
Six new members have joined the 2019-20 Board of Directors for the South Louisiana Community College Foundation. The new members began a four-year term on July 1.
- Erroll Babineaux, Vice President of Air Services, Acadian Air Med
- Blake Douet, Project Manager and Development Property Manager, Poche’ Prouet Associates/The Southwest Group
- Tim Marks, Chief Population Health and Clinical Integration Officer, Opelousas General
- Raj Shetye, Senior Vice President and Chief Analytics Officer, LHC Group
- Andre Breaux, Vice President of Policy Initiatives and Governmental Affairs, One Acadiana
- Anita Begnaud, CEO, Lafayette Downtown Development
Board members oversee foundation operations, set policy, serve as community advocates for SLCC, and assist in strategic planning and fundraising activities.
“I am thrilled and honored to welcome these diverse leaders to our board,” said Lana Fontenot, executive director of the Foundation. “Each of these new directors have deep professional backgrounds and have a passion for bettering the lives of our residents in Acadiana through education.”
The 2019-20 SLCC Foundation officers are:
- President: Brett Mellington, Manager of Business Development, Lafayette Economic Development Authority
- Immediate Past President: Bently Senegal, Director of Community Services, Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center
- Vice President: Jeff Jones, Retired, JP Morgan Chase
- Secretary: Michael Flash, Owner/CFO, Dixie Electric
- Treasurer: Gregory Daigle, Financial Advisor, Pinnacle Group
“I’m very excited to be moving into the Foundation’s leadership role with such an outstanding group of officers. These individuals, along with our current group of directors, have proven their passion for the College’s students, faculty and staff,” said Brett Mellington, president of the SLCC Foundation. “They all bring special talents to the table that will enable our Foundation to continue to grow and flourish. I am very confident that we have an outstanding team moving forward who will help us further the goals of SLCC.”
Existing members completing the 2019-20 Board of Directors include:
- Jeremy Bazile, Attorney, Glenn Armentor Law Corporation
- Dr. Leslie Greco, ED Medical Director, Iberia Medical Center
- Ema Haq, Owner, Bailey’s Restaurant
- Corey Jack, Manager of Lafayette Chamber Affairs, One Acadiana
- Paul Molbert, Vice President of Network Development and Governmental Relations, Lafayette General Health
The SLCC Foundation is a 501c3 nonprofit corporation established in 2003 for the mission of supporting the activities of South Louisiana Community College. Over the last three years, the SLCC Foundation has raised a $2.1 million match for a $17 million Health & Sciences Building for the College’s Lafayette campus, increased its endowment 900% through new scholarships and professorships, increased employee giving from 1.8% to over 65%, implemented the SLCC’s largest-ever scholarship program, and executed successful naming campaigns for two new College facilities in Lafayette and St. Martinville.